Skilled technical writer and editor with background in data analysis and research design. Proven performer in the creation, composition and evaluation of documentation and web-based content for technical and non-technical audiences. Experienced in cultivating brand voice through written content and utilizing digital technologies (such as SEO) to increase reach and conversions. Early adopter of new technologies and passionate advocate for technology integration in business practice.
Top 5 Strength Themes: Context, Deliberative, Intellection, Learner, and Achiever.
Technology skills: HTML/CSS, Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite), WordPress, ESRI ArcGIS, Apple OS X, MS Office, HubSpot Inbound Certified
Marketing, Writing, and Research
Analyst Relations/Marketing Strategist, Plum Voice, Denver, CO (Aug. 2018 – Present)
- Generated content for account-based marketing campaigns that targeted financial services, healthcare, and enterprise software verticals and directly led to an increase in enterprise sales.
- Liaised with analysts at global research and advisory companies to gain insights on market trends and generate awareness for, and get feedback about, Plum Voice products.
- Created and conducted vendor briefings with analysts covering global markets to educate them on company offerings and technological capabilities.
Content Strategist/Copywriter, Plum Voice, Denver, CO (Aug. 2015 – Present)
- Wrote customer facing documents, including but not limited to: blog posts, email marketing campaign copy, ad text, case studies, sales documents, and even the company holiday card.
- Closely involved with strategizing how to re-position core products in telephony technology/enterprise communications space.
- Composed internal documentation for lead generation and business development purposes.
- Performed general copyediting duties for marketing and business development teams.
- Helped develop and implement editorial calendar.
- Published regular blog content that resulted in quadrupling the number of unique blog page views per month.
- Collaborated with designer to create CTA and blog images, and other graphics.
- Re-wrote copy for entire company website.
Copywriter, Editor (Freelance) (Sept. 2013 – Present)
- Wrote blog content for startup real estate company.
- Wrote B2B marketing white papers and long-form blog posts for educational technology startup company.
Well Data Labs
- Wrote blog posts on various topics related to the oil and gas industry.
- Wrote web content for local meet up group focused on the fostering the local startup community.
- Covered NCAA Division 1 men’s lacrosse games for major national media outlet.
LXTC Lacrosse Training Center, Denver, CO
- Collaborated directly with co-founder and president to design and develop web-based content aimed to increase market and media presence.
- Identified and interviewed internal and community sources to produce over 9 short, informational and human-interest pieces published to web-site and distributed to list-serve of 500+ members.
Writer – (Multiple Publications) (January 2009 – Present)
- Authored original content and research for all audiences ranging from single-volume 300 page published text to short 500-word web articles, and blog content.
- Publications include: The Great War and Memory in Irish Culture [book]; “The Irish Solider in World War I: A Complicated Dilemma” [article]; Dead for a Year [music blog]. Complete listing available here.
- Dead For A Year blog accumulated 300 to 600 hundred page views daily (for a very niche blog) and amassed approximately 750 Facebook fans and 900 Twitter followers, organically, in less than a year’s time. Utilized social media (Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite), and WordPress plugins to circulate content, and Yoast plugins to optimize content for SEO.
Researcher – University of Colorado, Denver, CO (July 2010 – Jan. 2011 [Contract])
- Researched and analyzed data from over 200 business schools with energy-management specializations to identify key differentiators for competitive analysis.
- Synthesized comprehensive research and designed summary reports assessing the competitive advantages and investment opportunities of university’s Global Energy Management program.
Technical Writer – Idaptic, Denver, CO (June 2010 – Sept. 2010 [Contract])
- Designed and composed technical documents for proprietary process management software detailing end-user processes and workflows in user manual.
Operations & Data Management
Operations/Events Coordinator – University of Denver , Denver, CO (Dec. 2011 – Present)
- Manage day-to-day administrative operations across mathematics department of 23 faculty and 100 students, including: scheduling classes, rooms and events, ordering textbooks and supplies, coordinating vendors and bid evaluations, and supporting daily needs of faculty and staff.
- Maintain and update department website and manage databases in Oracle/PeopleSoft Student Information System. Interface regularly with academic software to support strategic goals.
- Coordinate large annual alumni events, including distribution of marketing materials and mass mailings, logistical preparations and day-of event details. Over 400 attendees across 5 events.
- Oversaw all operations related to departmental move to a new building over a 3-month period. Successfully completed transition on time and on budget with minimal student/faculty impact.
Transfer Credit Evaluator – University of Colorado, Boulder, CO (Jan. 2011 – Dec. 2011)
- Maintained Office of Admissions’ transfer-credit database of approximately 750 university files. Evaluated and processed credit transfer requests for admitted students and updated system tables to reflect analysis.
- Supported the end-to-end implementation of new Optical Character Recognition software to automate the processing of transcripts and transcript requests and increase accuracy of records. Led efforts around user-adoption, training, and customization.
- Created over 300 templates within transcript software database to support department-specific needs and ensure ease-of-use for software users. Resulted in 50% decrease in time spent processing transcripts.
Adjunct Instructor – Loyola University, Chicago, IL (Aug. 2009 – May 2010)
- Taught two introductory level courses in American and global history. Developed multi-media instructional lectures that incorporated course content with video, PowerPoint, music, maps and other media. Developed learning and evaluation plan to track and improve learning outcomes.
Denver Founders (January 2014 – Present)
- Volunteer team member for local community group committed to building Denver’s startup community. I help to organize and run events, and write recaps of them for the Denver Founder’s website.
Coach, (Multiple Locations) (Feb. 2001 – May 2013)
- Coached over 100 youth players, ages 8-18, across 10 coaching seasons. Coordinated practices, training, games and team events and supervised the management of the team and evaluation of team personnel. Led teams to state championships, semi-finals and undefeated seasons.
Student Representative – Council of Graduate Studies, Chicago, IL (Aug. 2008 – May 2009)
- Nominated and selected to serve on university-wide committee aimed at overseeing processes and procedures related to graduate education. Collaborated with faculty and staff in the review and approval of proposed graduate courses and the resolution of curriculum and course-related issues.
Executive Board Member, History Graduate Student Assoc., Chicago, IL (Aug. 2005 – May 2008)
- Elected to three separate terms as Treasurer, Vice-President, and President. Collaborated with members of the association to host annual conference and create and implement departmental student orientation program and other professional development initiatives.
- GIS Certificate, University of Denver (Denver, CO – 2015)
- Completed 20 of 24 credit hours
- Business Certificate, Daniels College of Business, University of Denver (Denver, CO – 2014)
- Ph.D., History, Loyola University Chicago (Chicago, IL – 2010)
- B. A., Cum Laude, History, Oakland University (Rochester Hills, MI – 2004)